Saturday, May 1, 2010

Early morning runs

So I'm feeling a lot better now, thank you. I hope the Pestilence of April 2010 didn't harm anybody too bad. I've actually been on a pretty good running schedule for the past week. I've been getting up at 5:30 and running before M.W. here at Wallkill. I marked off 3 miles in 1/2 mile segments with the car, and I've been running 3-4 miles on three mornings a week.

One thing that I find hard is determining how far to go each time. I know you have to listen to your body, but honestly, at the start of a run, I never want to make it a long one. Only when I get going to I get enthusiastic for distance. But on Wednesday, when I did a 4-mile run, I had to stop every 1/2 mile on the way back, because I was just spent. And although I did a great 3 miles on Monday, my 3 miles on Thursday was just plain pathetic.

Just goes to show that starting out again is tough, and being in a good routine makes all the difference for making it happen.

1 comment: