Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yes, I finally did.....Get my run in.

I feel that I can finally show my face on our Got Your Run In blog--because I am finally running.  Not far and not fast, but running again.  As you know, my first run in about forever was last Thursday with Natalie on a bike trail here in Columbus.  

We were hosting the CO for week and had guests from Cameroon for the weekend and the SAD on Saturday--so like Julie, life was busy.  Unlike Julie, I did not run before the SAD.  However, I was very active all day Friday (cleaning is similar to interval and strength training don't you think?) and Sunday Francois and I did a fair amount of walking/hiking including hills and a cave (note:  although it was fun for us because we just stumbled upon it, I cannot recommend the Olentangy Indian Caverns tour of the cave unless you really enjoy retro 60's era tourist sites that haven't been well-maintained).  We had no meeting Sunday-so we just took a day to relax.  Stayed home in the morning and then ended up exploring parts of Columbus and discovering things to do.  As we were taking the back way to the far side of the Hoover Reservoir to take a hike we drove through Powell, so, we stopped.  We took a walk around the antique and other shops there then got back in the car and kept going.  That's how we found the Indian Caverns.  Then as we continued we saw the Alum Creek Damn and stopped to hiked around there.  We never made it to Hoover.   It was a good day.

But this is about running.  Yesterday morning I went out for another run.  2 miles.  Twice around a park near my house.  Like Natalie, I am taking it slow the first couple of weeks.   I am planning on running again tomorrow morning (Wednesday) and would appreciate it if someone checks up on me.  It makes me feel more accountable.

So, it's great to finally be here and not just looking in on all your activity!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I'm sure you'll rebound to running quickly. I'll call you Wednesday. What time of day are you planning to run?

    ReplyDelete