Monday, May 10, 2010

Great!

As you were typing those words, Nat, I was cycling and dripping with sweat. I really like the class. The leader often follows the rhythm of the music switching between speed work and hill training. It's exciting and moves fast. Amazingly enough, I haven't been sore. That seems so strange to me since those muscles deep in my gluteus maximus have not been challenged so much with cycling. Unexplained.

In spite of having the English CA this weekend, I was able to run Sat morning. There was a couple that stayed with me and I actually thought we'd be hanging out talking til late (since I'm kinda socially deprived I take advantage of every opportunity, haha). But they were ready to turn in early. And the CA is right across the street from where I live. Takes about 8 minutes to get there. I had not excuse not to run...let me rephrase that...I had a great opportunity to run.

Running is good. I've been running about 3 miles at a slower pace than normal. The biggest issue for me is the heat. It's a sizzling 90F in the mornings (100F mid-day). I've been sleeping with the air on at night which helps to be cool before going out in the mornings. With the rainy season beginning soon it should cool down a bit. I'm giving myself 2 weeks and then I'll start speed work.

How's your training?

No comments:

Post a Comment