Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My first "long run"

I was organizing the stuff under my bed this morning and came across a box of pictures.  I looked through it and found the picture on the left.  It was taken after our first Pig Run 5k at the Jazz and Rib Fest in Columbus in 2004!  This is the first race that Jeff, Nat, Julie and I ever ran together.  And it is good preparation for the Muddy Buddy since, as you can see in this photo taken after the race,  there were post race beers in hand.

The photo gave me an idea.  I decided that today I would do my "long run"of the week-and make it a 5k.  I've been running 2.5 miles, so adding .6 seemed long to me.  I pulled out my old race t-shirt and headed out.  The run wasn't great--I didn't feel as good as I did on Monday--but I really think the pic and the t-shirt kept me going.  Here is an after photo-sans beer:

This was my second run in the rain, albeit a light rain.  Made feel feel like a real runner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment