Friday, May 7, 2010

City Run

When I started running in 2003 I was running in Nike's that were too small. After damaging my big toe, going to the foot doctor to get a hole drilled in it and subsequently losing my toe nail, I made a shopping trip to Front Runner. I had never heard of Mizunos but they were the perfect shoe for me. Light and bouncy. Arch support. Cushion. Every time I went back I ended up with another pair of Mizunos. Thursday was the dawn of a new era. Well maybe not that big of a deal. But I am not running in Mizunos anymore. My new pair of road shoes (drumroll please)
Sauconys.





































Shonda and I explored a bike path along the Olentangy River in Columbus.
After warming up we did some interval training.
Interval training is our code for "let's run a bit and walk some
then run a little bit more" :)
Considering that the path bordered Ohio State Campus
it felt remote compared to running through neighborhoods.

















We even found a few dirt trails that are great for off-roading. It's going to be a great place for us to run together while training for the Muddy Buddy. I'm going to take my bike up with me so we can try it out there as well.

2 comments:

  1. I miss that view of running behind Shonda...I was inevitably behind both of you guys when we ran together. But watch out this year! I'm training hard! Let the trash talk begin! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. or should I say "smack talk".

    ReplyDelete