Friday, May 14, 2010

First session with personal trainer

I met Jolene on Thursday at 8. She is really tiny which might lead a person to doubt her strength training skills. Then you see her arms. And the way she walks. She moves like a miniature body builder. (hehe) So I was worried no more. She had me work on arms, shoulders and core. Today I am really feeling it in my biceps. Also I'm feeling it in other muscles but I don't know their names.
The workout wore me out more than I thought it would. Probably because I didn't eat enough protein right away (smack in the head). Learned my lesson: Come prepared with food to eat immediately following lifting.
So I didn't run until 5 yesterday evening. I almost didn't do it but Will nagged me until I did. IT WAS SO HOT! My face was bright red when I finished and stayed that way for several hours.
This morning I ran on Eddy Road again. 2 miles without stopping. I didn't time myself though. I'll do that on Sunday. Devonna ran part of it with me and Huck kind of fast walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment