Sunday, June 6, 2010

recovering

I've been waiting to post until I had gotten back into a good routine and had something motivating to say. I'm still waiting. After the 'war zone' was cleared up and the parks opened back up I got a couple runs in. Then I started to get sick. My energy level was low but I kept pushing through. Well, I've now spent 3 days sick in bed. I'm feeling better today so hopefully this week I can get back out there.

It's one month from today that I fly over there. I'm hoping I can keep up training the 3 weeks I'm there prior to the race. Part of the time I'm staying with a friend who lives in Manhattan. My goal is to run in Central Park and across the Brooklyn Bridge. I'll also be spending some time at Patterson. Any suggestions on where to run there, Ben?

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the faith Julie. I hope you feel better soon. It won't be long and you'll be running in cooler temps with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be able to run at 10am without drowning in my sweat would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your other post- no suggestions on where to run at Patterson, but sounds like you might not be able to anyway... Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I will be running by then. I'm planning to run this Sunday (was I being overly dramatic?). But no worries, I'll figure out somewhere to run near Patterson.

    ReplyDelete