Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Here's what you missed.....

Early Spring is a good time to run trails at Strouds Run State Park. If you are interested, it's too bad you missed early Spring. Jeff and Ben didn't.






































So don't miss Early Summer which is just around the corner. Or perhaps Late Spring if you want to go now!





Last Saturday Shonda encountered a roaring lion seeking to devour someone. Fortunately she ran very, very fast. Three miles fast in fact.




















I wanted to run six miles on Sunday, but Will wouldn't let me run six on 550. He thought that was too much of a jump up from three, especially since there was a hill involved. Well it was Dividing Ridge (hehehe). And yes, I did run non stop up Dividing Ridge (woo hoo).
It took me an hour to cover 5 miles. I started out walking the first five minutes though. I hadn't planned ahead to warm up so when I had Will drop me at mile marker 3, I responsibly walked so I would lessen the chances of injury. I also took three walk breaks.
It was a hot run, late in the afternoon on Sunday. But it felt really good and I'm thrilled that I did it.
This morning the adventure continued with a three miler in the rain. I wore my matching (with Shonda) Palo Duro Canyon Trail Run cap. Tomorrow I'm planning another three with strength training to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment